Sexual Assault Lawyer
If you’re looking for a campus sexual assault lawyer, you want someone who has expertise with the Title IX movement and gender violence training. Attorneys Cari Simon, Monica Beck, and Lisa Cloutier, with The Fierberg National Law Group, are some of the best campus sexual assault lawyers in the nation because they have the expertise and are deeply dedicated to helping get the lives of sexual assault victims back together.
Through the knowledge and know-how of complicated legal work and devotion to the people who have been impacted by sexual assault, these lawyers for assault victims are ardent in their pursuit of justice and its part in the healing process.
For your reference, we highlight some of our firm’s powerful advocates that are available to help you:
- Cari Simon, Harvard Law School alum and Inaugural Fellow at the Harvard Gender Violence Clinic, has achieved millions in settlements on behalf of anonymous survivors. Recently, Ms. Simon has taken action in the “End The Backlog” Movement and successfully prevented the destruction of a rape kit in Washington D.C., and preserved and maintained another in Chicago, IL.
- Monica Beck recently obtained a $1.8 Million verdict in federal court against former MLB player Chad Curtis who was convicted of sexually assaulting four high school students. Ms. Beck immediately followed that verdict with a settlement in excess of $1 Million against a school district whose employee sexually assaulted an elementary school student.
- Lisa Cloutier, an alum of Harvard Law School and its Gender Violence Clinic, has a professional background that includes “big law firm” litigation training, employment as a Supervisory Attorney at the U.S. Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights, and consulting work on behalf of numerous women’s rights organizations, including Futures Without Violence.
What about victims getting sued for defamation?
If you need a campus sexual assault lawyer, you’re the victim. Unfortunately, when the offender is someone whose reputation and credibility may risk their future employment and financial position, we sometimes must deal with accusations of defamation as a misguided attempt to save face. Our team of campus sexual assault lawyers is also experienced with defending survivors of sexual violence from lawsuits brought against them by perpetrators. No matter what side of a civil or criminal case you’re on, we’re with you and for you, because no victim of sexual assault should be made to feel at fault.
How does gender violence training expertise make a better sexual assault lawyer?
Gender-based violence is an umbrella term for any harmful act that is perpetrated against a person’s will, and that is based on socially ascribed (gender) differences between males and females. A solid understanding and respect of things like – the survivor’s mental and emotional needs, the consequences gender-based violence has on the victim and victim’s relationships, the role that an individual’s beliefs have on one’s ability to communicate and articulate the full extent of victimization – all have a direct correlation to the effectiveness of a campus sexual assault lawyer.
Understanding the concept of perceived power, and one’s abusing it to control, authorize or influence another to perform sexual attention, advances, or acts, is vital to a sexual assault lawyer’s success. The Fierberg National Law Group lawyers use their deep knowledge of gender-based violence, and the many socio-cultural factors that could be at play, to raise each sexual assault case to the level of human rights.
As the only nationwide legal team focused on winning justice for victims of violence and misconduct in schools, we help campus sexual assault victims hold perpetrators, schools, and fraternities accountable. We leverage our unique, close relationships with the country’s leading nonprofit advocacy groups, with whom we regularly confer, and, at times, “partner” on cases to increase a victim’s ability to obtain justice and cause systemic change. Such groups include:
- The National Crime Victim Law Institute
- Clery Center for Security on Campus
- Public Justice Foundation
- Know Your IX
- Futures Without Violence
- Harvard Gender Violence Program
- National Crime Victim Bar Association
- National Center for Victims of Crime
If you’re here, it means that you, or someone you love, is possibly experiencing a traumatic event. The entire staff extends our most sincere condolences.
We want to help you put your life back together, and to do our part to make sexual violence on campus a thing of the past. For a confidential conversation, contact us at email@example.com or call 1.877.WASH.DC.1.