Best Gun Violence Attorney
There is no denying the importance or how much of an impact gun violence has in our everyday lives. That is why the team at The Fierberg National Law Group strives to be the best gun violence attorneys in the nation – Not only delivering unprecedented financial results for our clients, but also ensuring that policies are put in place to help prevent future occurrences of violence on college and K-12 campuses.
Gun ownership is a right that is protected by the second amendment to the constitution. However, as the rate of gun violence has increased in our country the debate over gun control has intensified. According to statistics put out by the Giffords Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence, the gun violence facts are truly alarming. They state:
- Each year 36,383 Americans die from gun violence
- Americans are 25 times more likely to die from gun violence than residents of peer nations
- The majority of suicides in America (51%) involve a firearm
- Since 2014, gun homicides have increased by 30%
- Abused women are five times more likely to be killed by their abuser if their abuser has a firearm
- Six of the 10 deadliest mass shootings in the U.S. have happened in the last 10 years
- In 2018, a student’s risk of dying in a school shooting reached its highest level in 25 years. 60% of teens say they are worried about a shooting occurring at our school.
- The ten states with the highest gun death rates have some of the weakest gun laws in the nation
Best gun violence attorney for campus gun violence
On April 16, 2007, the Virginia Tech campus experienced the horror of one of the deadliest school shootings our country has ever experienced when an undergraduate student shot and killed 32 students and faculty members, and wounded 17 others. Gun violence and wrongful death attorney, Douglas E. Fierberg negotiated a historic and complex settlement in excess of $11 Million on behalf of 20 families who suffered the loss of a loved one or sustained traumatic gunshot injuries as a result of that event. The settlement guaranteed that those who were seriously injured receive compensation and their health care needs will be taken care of forever. Additionally, families who lost loved ones will be similarly cared for and compensated. During our investigation, we were also able to uncover information that led to a better understanding of how such a terrible tragedy happened and what schools and universities can do in the future to protect the lives of their students. It is our hope that necessary changes are made and no other family will have to endure the heartache of such a terrible tragedy.
Best gun violence attorney for personal injury or wrongful death
If you or a loved one has been harmed by gun violence, look no further than the talented team of gun violence attorneys at The Fierberg National Law Group. In addition to high profile cases, we represent victims from across the country who have had their lives impacted tragically impacted by guns. No matter where your tragedy has occurred, we routinely consult with qualified local council. This allows us to provide you with the best legal representation and leverages our national expertise.