Best Wrongful Death Attorney
The Fierberg National Law Group has successfully resolved – via settlement or trial – unprecedented financial results and peace of mind to people seeking compensation for serious personal injury or wrongful death. The level of complexity of our past cases, and our quarter-century of practice in serious catastrophic injuries and death due to school violence, gun violence, unsafe premises, fraternity hazing and violence, sexual assault, gender-based violence, Title IX violations, and other tragedies caused by the negligence of others, make us stand apart from other law firms.
Best personal injury and wrongful death attorneys for school and workplace-related shootings.
We have successfully resolved, via settlement or trial, numerous cases involving shooting traumatic injuries & death involving:
- 32 students and faculty members tragically murdered, and 17 others injured at Virginia Tech University on April 16, 2007. Wrongful death attorney, Douglas Fierberg, negotiated the historic, complex settlement in excess of $11 Million on behalf of 20 families/clients who suffered the loss of a loved one or traumatic gunshot injuries as a result of the massacre.
- The University of Alabama Huntsville Provost and administrators’ failure to obtain intervention by university police and counseling services in order to protect staff and students resulting in the February 10, 2010, Massacre at UAH;
- Unsafe conditions of private and commercial premises, including representing surviving family members in the mass shooting at the Washington, D.C. Naval Yard that occurred on September 16, 2013, when 34-year-old Aaron Alexis fatally shot 12 people and injured three others in a mass shooting at the headquarters of the Naval Sea Systems Command.
We built a legal team that combined local attorneys and national expertise to give these victims and their families the best legal representation wherever they lived. This is what we do for all our cases that involve multiple jurisdictions, as so often school and workplace-related shootings do. We do our part to push for the very best in legal and public service and raising awareness of the need for legislative change around school safety for that of our children and educators.
Best personal injury and wrongful death attorneys for other serious injuries and deaths.
We have successfully resolved, via settlement or trial, numerous cases involving other traumatic injuries & death including:
- Lack of risk management by a fraternity resulting in the October 1999 deaths of 4 Baylor University students, 1 Texas A& M student, and 1 Southwest Texas State student after being hit by a car while walking on the shoulder of a major highway to a party at the fraternity;
- Gross negligence of an Arizona State University fraternity and its members after an under-aged pledge was plied with alcohol, bussed to an event, kicked out of a bar, and left by himself to wander into the nearby Salt River and drown in November 2012;
- Negligence of various fraternity organizations and officers resulting in the February 2017 throat-slashing of a Creighton University freshman female in her dorm room.
- Unsafe conditions in juvenile facilities causing the suicide of a young girl;
- Unsafe playground equipment causing severe fall injuries to a child;
- Unsafe conditions at a music concert causing a traumatic brain injury to an attendee;
- Improper operation of construction equipment causing a below-the-knee amputation;
- Failure to properly fence a pool causing the drowning death of a young child.
Best personal injury or wrongful death lawyers for hazing-related misconduct.
Fact: At least one student has died from fraternity hazing every year since 1970.
Many victims suffer from more than the trauma of the original crime. As the nation’s leading personal injury and wrongful death attorneys for hazing-related misconduct, we are committed to changing the culture of hazing on college campuses and university-related organizations through maximum and unprecedented punitive damages for negligent behavior as well as prevention awareness.
Best personal injury and wrongful death attorneys for sexual violence.
Our team of attorneys utilizes their extensive gender-based violence training and deep commitment to holding perpetrators accountable for their actions.
Through the knowledge and know-how of complicated legal work and devotion to the people who have been impacted by sexual assault and wrongful death, our lawyers for assault victims and their families are ardent in their pursuit of justice and legal accountability as part of the healing process.
No matter if you’ve experienced a serious personal injury or death from a school or work-related shooting, hazing, sexual assault, our team of attorneys are fully prepared to hold any and all individuals and organizations that were responsible – either through their violent action or negligent behavior – accountable.
We’re here for you. Our clients have traveled a path that may be similar to the one you are currently traveling. Many clients have become strong advocates and have valuable insights they are willing to share, including our work. Please feel free to inquire, and when appropriate, we will gladly connect you to them, as they too are committed to offering their help and unique insight.