Monica H. Beck
MANAGING LEGAL COUNSEL
Monica H. Beck is Managing Legal Counsel for The Fierberg National Law Group and oversees the attorneys and legal strategies employed by the firm. Ms. Beck has 20 years of civil litigation experience in federal and state courts across the nation and focuses her practice on representing young victims of sexual violence, abuse, assault, and harassment, making certain their rights are protected and achieving justice for victims and their families. Ms. Beck represents children in Michigan and across the country in Title IX claims and other lawsuits to ensure that perpetrators and institutions, like schools and churches, that fail to comply with their obligations to protect children are held accountable to the fullest extent of the law.
Ms. Beck also has extensive experience representing corporate clients in a variety of complex commercial litigation, including class action and antitrust matters. Currently, Ms. Beck serves as outside legal counsel for the International Titanium Association ("ITA").
Prior to joining The Fierberg National Law Group, Ms. Beck was an attorney in the antitrust group, Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP in New York, routinely ranked as one of the top law firms in the world. After nine years at Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP, Ms. Beck then served as Deputy General Counsel at the Phoenix House Foundation, Inc., the nation's largest non-profit organization dedicated to substance abuse treatment and prevention.
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- J.D., The University of Michigan Law School, cum laude
- Associate Editor of the Michigan Journal of Law Reform
- Bachelor of Arts in Economics, Northwestern University
- National Crime Victims Bar Association
- Member of the Board of Directors for the Women's Resource Center in Traverse City, Michigan
- Co-authored and edited chapter for Anti-Cartel Enforcement Worldwide treatise regarding the federal criminal prosecution of antitrust violations in the United States.
- Co-authored articles for the New York Law Journal regarding antitrust issues.
- Achieved seven-figure verdicts and settlements for clients; including a $1.8 Million verdict for a client in a Title IX case.
- Achieved settlements in which school districts have agreed to institute Title IX training and change their sexual harassment and assault policies to better recognize victims’ rights and school employees’ responsibilities.
- Conducted training on Title IX, the Clery Act, hazing, and school sexual violence for the Clery Center, National Center for Victims of Crime, State Attorneys General across the country, and other organizations.
- The Detroit Free Press
- The Atlantic
- The Washington Post
- Skadden Alumni Spotlight
- TV 9&10
- Fox News
Ms. Beck may be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.