Mollie L. Berkowitz
Mollie L. Berkowitz is a law clerk with The Fierberg National Law Group where she assists in representing survivors of campus sexual assault at campuses across the country. Ms. Berkowitz is currently a student at Yale Law School.
At Yale, Ms. Berkowitz is co-chair of the Law School Title IX Working Group, which works to ensure a fair process in Title IX proceedings and seeks to support survivors of sexual violence on campus. Through her clinical work, Ms. Berkowitz has worked on reproductive justice and abortion rights cases, represented survivors of military sexual trauma, and researched issues relating to military sexual trauma. Ms. Berkowitz is also an editor for the Yale Journal of Law and Feminism and has worked with attorney Alexandra Brodsky, founder of Title IX advocacy organization Know Your IX, researching a broad array of issues relating to Title IX. Previously, Ms. Berkowitz worked in the Civil Rights Bureau of the New York State Attorney General’s Office.
Prior to law school, Ms. Berkowitz worked in a law firm where she helped represent survivors of sexual violence and victims of discrimination in the workplace and in educational settings and counseled hundreds of survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault while working in a domestic violence shelter and rape crisis center. Ms. Berkowitz also ran domestic violence support groups in Michigan’s only women’s prison, where she supported over 200 incarcerated survivors of domestic violence.
- J.D., Yale Law School (Expected 2021)
- Co-Chair, Title IX Working Group
- Co-President, Law Student Alliance for Reproductive Justice
- Articles Editor, Yale Journal of Law and Feminism
- Law, Ethics, and Animals Program (LEAP) Fellow
- Member of the Veterans Legal Services Clinic
- Member of the Reproductive Rights and Justice Project
- Bachelor of Arts in History and Women’s Studies, University of Michigan, with high honors, high distinction, and University Honors
- Member of the Phi Beta Kappa (ΦΒΚ) Honor Society
- 2016 History Department Award for Leadership and Service Recipient
- 2016 Virginia Voss Memorial Scholarship for Excellence in Academic Writing Recipient
- 2016 James A. Knight Scholarship in History Award Recipient