We Have Successfully Resolved – Via Settlement or Trial – Numerous Cases Involving Traumatic Injuries & Death.
This has included federal and state lawsuits involving:
- Automobile and bus accidents;
- Unsafe conditions of private and commercial premises, including representing surviving family members in the mass shooting at the Washington, D.C. Naval Yard;
- Unsafe conditions in juvenile facilities causing the suicide of a young girl;
- Unsafe playground equipment causing severe fall injuries to a child;
- Unsafe conditions at a music concert causing a traumatic brain injury to an attendee;
- Unsafe security at a university event venue resulting in a fatal shooting;
- Improper operation of construction equipment causing a below-the-knee amputation;
- Failure to properly fence a pool causing the drowning death of a young child;
- Failure to properly supervise overnight campers causing the sexual assault of a young camper;
- Unlawful videotaping in a bathroom of a rental apartment causing extreme psychological damages; and
- Failure of university officials and police to properly warn campus and students resulting in the April 2007 Massacre at Virginia Tech.
As to our abilities, John McCammon, the Founder of The McCammon Group and mediator of the settlement we reached on behalf victims and surviving family members of the Virginia Tech Massacre, said, “You have served your clients so well and at the same time distinguished yourselves as first-class, effective, efficient, practical and collaborative attorneys who know how to deal with the big issues. While tough on substance, you were smooth on style. That is a difficult combination to pull off.”
If you or a loved one have suffered a personal injury or wrongful death, our team of experienced and talented attorneys will deliver justice to you and your family.
| Cases Personal Injury & Wrongful Death
Virginia Tech Massacre Settlement
Representing 21 families, we negotiated historic settlements valued in excess of $11 Million plus a lifetime of healthcare for all victims and non-monetary assistance.
We negotiated the historic settlements valued in excess of $11 Million for the wrongful deaths and injured survivors of the April 16, 2007 Virginia Tech Massacre. The settlement included financial compensation, health benefits, and non-monetary assistance. It established a foundation in their honor that continues to advocate for safe schools & gun control, which we continue to represent today.Continue Reading
Washington Navy Yard Shooting
The Washington Navy Yard shooting occurred on September 16, 2013 when 34-year-old Aaron Alexis fatally shot 12 people and injured three others in a mass shooting at the headquarters of NAVSEA.
United States District Court for the District of ColumbiaContinue Reading