We have successfully resolved – via settlement or trial – numerous cases involving traumatic injuries and death. This has included federal and state lawsuits involving:
- Automobile and bus accidents;
- Unsafe conditions of private and commercial premises, including representing surviving family members in the mass shooting at the Washington, D.C. Naval Yard;
- Unsafe conditions in juvenile facilities causing the suicide of a young girl;
- Unsafe playground equipment causing severe fall injuries to a child;
- Unsafe conditions at a music concert causing a traumatic brain injury to an attendee;
- Unsafe security at a university event venue resulting in a fatal shooting;
- Improper operation of construction equipment causing a below-the-knee amputation;
- Failure to properly fence a pool causing the drowning death of a young child;
- Failure to properly supervise overnight campers causing the sexual assault of a young camper;
- Unlawful videotaping in a bathroom of a rental apartment causing extreme psychological damages; and
- Failure of university officials and police to properly warn campus and students resulting in the April 2007 Massacre at Virginia Tech.
As to our abilities, John McCammon, the Founder of The McCammon Group and mediator of the settlement we reached on behalf victims and surviving family members of the Virginia Tech Massacre, said, “You have served your clients so well and at the same time distinguished yourselves as first class, effective, efficient, practical and collaborative attorneys who know how to deal with the big issues. While tough on substance, you were smooth on style. That is a difficult combination to pull off.”
If you or a loved one have suffered a personal injury or wrongful death, our team of experienced and talented attorneys will deliver justice to you and your family.
| Cases Personal Injury & Wrongful Death
Desdunes, Estate of George vs. Sigma Alpha Epsilon Fraternity and Individual Defendants
Established precedent in New York and obtained a confidential multi-million dollar settlement.
New York Supreme Court, Kings County, Index No. 500460/2011Continue Reading
DeVercelly, Estate of Gary, Jr. vs. Rider University, Phi Kappa Tau Fraternity, and Individual Defendants
The settlement had two primary components, one of which is confidential, the other includes fundamental, ground-breaking changes at Rider University.
New Jersey Superior Court, Mercer County, Law Division, Docket No.: MER-L-003199-07Continue Reading
Virginia Tech Massacre Settlement
$11 Million settlement and a lifetime of healthcare for all victims, plus non-monetary assistance.
We negotiated the historic settlements valued in excess of $11 Million for the wrongful deaths and injured survivors of the April 16, 2007 Virginia Tech Massacre. The settlement included financial compensation, health benefits, and non-monetary assistance. It established a foundation in their honor that continues to advocate for safe schools & gun control, which we continue to represent today.Continue Reading
Bennett v. Tau Kappa Epsilon, et al
Year after year, TKE's flawed oversight allowed dangerous hazing practices, such as what Terrance Bennett endured, to go on. We sought justice and won a confidential amount for Mr. Bennett.
For decades, TKE, like most fraternities in the Greek industry, willfully, wantonly, and consciously disregarded known dangers and refused to make meaningful changes to its flawed risk-management policies and practices. As a result, Bennett, like many others, became another victim of frat hazing - suffering “severe and life-altering” physical, emotional, social and educational damages.Continue Reading