- For more than 20 years, we have served as outside general counsel for the Neighborhood Assistance Corporation of America (“NACA”), this country’s most progressive, aggressive, and successful organization fighting housing discrimination and predatory lending. NACA has made the American Dream of homeownership possible for thousands of working people, forcing banks to commit billions of dollars to end discrimination.
- We served as lead trial attorneys for Rolling Stone LLC, Jann Wenner, and Wenner Media LLC, legendary global media companies defending a $25 Million defamation lawsuit filed against them arising out of an article Rolling Stone published on the subject of sexual assaults at college fraternities. Our work uncovered numerous legal and factual flaws in the allegations against Rolling Stone, and, as a result, the claims were successfully resolved for a small fraction of the damages sought.
- We served as lead trial attorneys for Rolling Stone, Jann Wenner, and Wenner Media in defense of a federal lawsuit brought against them in New York by individual members of Phi Kappa Psi fraternity. The lawsuit was dismissed.
- For more than 25 years, we have served as general counsel for the International Titanium Association, an association of American and multi-national businesses operating worldwide.
- We initiate and defend litigation in Washington D.C. and Virginia on behalf of Grosvenor Urban Retail, LP, a London-based, global leader in commercial real estate.
- For more than 20 years, we have served as outside general counsel for Fasano Associates, Inc., a Washington D.C. – headquartered diversified underwriting organization serving life insurance, annuity/structured settlement, life settlement, and related industries nationwide.
- We successfully negotiated the historic, complex settlement with the Commonwealth of Virginia and Virginia Tech University on behalf of 20 families/clients who suffered the loss of a loved one or traumatic gunshot injuries as a result of the April 2007 Massacre at Virginia Tech. We continue to serve as legal counsel – pro bono – for the VTV Family Foundation, which was established as a result of our work.
For Years, We’ve Helped Organizations with Complex Legal Matters Including:
- Leasing and Real Estate
- Personnel and Human Resource Issues
- Employment Discrimination and Wrongful Terminations
- Non-Compete and Confidentiality Agreements
- Workplace Harassment and Safety
- Corporate and Not-For-Profit Board Governance
- Intellectual Property Rights and Disputes
- Regulatory and Legal Compliance Counseling
- Internal Investigations
- Mergers and Acquisitions
In many of these circumstances, we have represented the employer, both corporate and not-for-profit. We also have successfully handled these issues on behalf of plaintiffs, claimants, victims, and survivors, achieving verdicts, and settlements for millions of dollars. This fact sets us apart from most other firms that only concentrate on one side.