Fraternity Hazing Injury Lawyer
Fraternity Hazing Injury Lawyer
Did you know there has been at least one fraternity hazing death each year since 1970? And despite the risks, media attention, and high profile hazing court cases fraternities continue to have access to resources that shield them from legal responsibility. In fact, for decades fraternities have refused to make the changes necessary to render their activities safe.
What are examples of hazing?
While the media typically only reports on the most egregious forms of hazing, hazing issues plague thousands of students across the country every year. In fact, more than half of students in colleges and universities involved in clubs, sports teams, and organizations have reported experiencing hazing.
Hazing looks like:
- Forced or required consumption of alcohol and/or drugs
- Forced to eat spicy foods and/or eat or drink toxic or other types of substances not meant for human consumption
- Endure hardships such as staying awake for long periods of time, menial tasks, physical labor, running while blindfolded, carrying sandbags or bricks in backpacks, etc.
- Humiliation (physical or mental) of new or potential members
- Isolation of new or potential members
- Beatings, paddling, “egging” or any other physical acts against new or potential members
- Sexual abuse/rape against new or potential members
- Any other illegal activities to prove worth
If you or your child has been the victim of fraternity hazing, it’s important for you to know that you are not alone. Doug Fierberg, Jonathan Fazzola, and the team at the Fierberg National Law Group have been fighting for those injured or killed as a result of dangerous misconduct in fraternities and schools for over 25 years.
Fraternity Hazing Injury Lawyer With National Expertise
The team at Fierberg National Law Group has been the only legal team focused on and dedicated to representing families, survivors, and others in lawsuits and legal proceedings nationwide involving fraternity hazing, sexual assault, and other fraternity misconduct at schools. We are national fraternity hazing lawyers with the training, experience, and confidence necessary to overcome tough legal obstacles and the well-heeled lawyers fraternities hide behind.
We have been able to obtain and collect over $330 Million in verdicts and settlements against individuals, corporations, fraternities, educational institutions, enablers, and con-apologists responsible for harming our clients. While financial recoveries are important, and it is not unusual for firms to tout such results, we take great pride in our unmatched record of establishing legal precedent in numerous states, in both Federal and State Courts, obtaining non-economic concessions and accommodations from Defendants, and creating meaningful legacies and foundations for our clients.
On behalf of our clients, we have:
- Obtained millions of dollars in compensation for our clients from numerous national fraternities, local chapters, fraternity members, and universities.
- Pushed universities and fraternities to reform.
- Established legal precedent and legislation to help other victims and families.
- Compelled universities and fraternities to publish the truth about the nature and extent of the dangers facing students, women, and the campus community.
- Forced fraternities to fund independent non-profits established by our clients to educate the public and to protect students and families.
Trust the Fraternity Hazing Injury Lawyers at TFNL Group
If you are searching for a fraternity hazing injury lawyer near me, please reach out to our team at the Fierberg National Law Group. We fight for survivors, victims, and their families. We put this team together because we believe in our clients, and we believe our clients’ pursuit of justice must be supported by intelligent, trained, passionate firepower. If we are not licensed to practice in the state where tragedy has occurred, we obtain special permission to practice and associate ourselves with qualified local trial counsel – combining local attorneys with national expertise – giving you the best legal representation.
There are a number of ways to connect with us to find a fraternity hazing lawyer and get the clarity you need. We can set up a video conference; we will also travel to meet with you at your home.
For a confidential conversation about your experience, please contact our offices at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 1.877.WASH.DC.1.